A wedding is one of the most special moments in a couple’s life. While many aspects of a wedding are traditional, there are ways to make your wedding unique and unforgettable.
Here are some tips to help you plan a one-of-a-kind wedding experience:
Choose a unique wedding venue
A very popular question is 'How to choose the perfect wedding venue?', and there are many factors to consider. The venue sets the mood for your wedding and can make a huge impact on the overall feel of your day. Check out unique locations, such as a park, museum, or historical site, that reflect your personalities and interests. There are many unique wedding venues spread across the UK, that are sure to impress you and your wedding guests.
Arrive at your wedding in style
Turning up to your wedding in style will make a magnificent impact and leave an everlasting impression. Here are some ways to make a stylish arrival:
Rent a Luxury Car - Renting a luxury car such as a Mercedes-Benz, Rolls-Royce, or a limousine can be a great way to arrive in style.
Take a Vintage Car - If you’re looking for a unique touch, consider taking a vintage car such as a classic Jaguar or a classic sports car.
Arrive by Horse and Carriage - A horse and carriage can add a touch of grandeur and romance to your wedding day.
Hire a Helicopter - For an absolutely unforgettable arrival, consider hiring a helicopter to fly you to the wedding venue.
Arrive by Boat - If the wedding is by water, look at arriving by boat, whether it’s a yacht or a speedboat.
No matter which option you choose to go with, it’s essential to arrive on time and in a calm and positive manner. Your stylish arrival will make a statement and set the tone for a wonderful day.
PERSONALISE THE WEDDING CEREMONY
Make your ceremony personal and meaningful by integrating elements that are important to you and your partner. Write your own vows, or incorporate music that has significance to the two of you. Family members can also take part in your wedding ceremony, by reading poems or even singing something that has meaning to all of you. Ceremonies can be an especially emotional and heartwarming part of the day, so making it that extra special will live with everyone involved forever.
Create a signature cocktail
Offer a signature cocktail at your reception that represents your relationship and taste. This is a fun way to add personality to your event and give guests something to remember. I have personally seen this at a number of weddings now, and think it’s lovely.
Offer unexpected entertainment
Incorporate your personal interests and hobbies into your wedding to make it unique. For example, if you both love music, consider having live musicians perform at your ceremony or reception. Dazzle your guests with unexpected entertainment, such as fire dancers, or even a photo booth. This can add a fun aspect to your reception and create memories that last a lifetime. Singing waiters can be a fun surprise for your wedding guests, and are a surefire way to get everyone up, singing, dancing, and having a genuinely amazing time!
Serve unique food
While other elements of the wedding can be lighthearted and enjoyable, the reality is that your guests want to enjoy a good meal. This doesn't mean that you have to offer a fine-dining experience, however. If you're having an outdoor wedding, food trucks might be a great option to serve tasty steak sandwiches, falafels, or even gourmet burgers. I have photographed many festival-style weddings where they had exactly this, and believe me when I say, the guests absolutely loved it! Another option is to provide savoury canapés for guests to serve themselves from the tables.
Give thoughtful wedding gifts
Instead of conventional gifts, consider giving guests something meaningful and useful. This could be a custom-made item, such as a personalised piece of jewellery, or something that represents your local area, such as local honey or wine. I have even witnessed the best men being handed a signed copy of a lord of the rings book, and the best man was totally blown away!
During the reception, it's easy to get caught up in making sure your guests are having a good time that you, as a newlywed couple, may not get to fully relish the moment. Take some time during the celebration to pause the festivities and allow your guests to get to know you better.
Engage your guests with interactive games such as "The Shoe Game." In this game, the bride and groom sit back-to-back in front of the crowd. This is a great game to play just before the first dance. Each holds one of their own shoes and one of their partner's shoes. The MC or a member of the bridal party asks questions like:
"Who said 'I love you' first?"
"Who made the first move?"
"Who is the better cook?"
The couple answers the questions by holding up the shoe that corresponds with their answer. This game is a fun way for guests to get involved and see a different side of the newlyweds.
Hire a toastmaster
A Toastmaster will benefit your wedding day because:
- Your wedding day will run on schedule as the Toastmaster will coordinate the various aspects of the reception and ensure that everything is timed perfectly.
- The Toastmaster will deal with all the logistics, such as welcoming guests, announcing the arrival of the bride and groom, and introducing speeches, to ensure everything runs smoothly and without causing any stress for the newlyweds.
- Toastmasters are professionals with a treasure of experience in dealing with weddings. They excel at creating a warm, welcoming atmosphere and making sure that everyone is having an enjoyable time.
- The Toastmaster can ease any nervousness for the wedding party and speakers by leading them through the proceedings and ensuring that everyone knows what to expect.
- The Toastmaster will help create a memorable experience for you and your guests by adding special touches and making sure the reception is filled with fun and laughter.
In conclusion, hiring a Toastmaster can make your wedding day truly unique, well-organised, and memorable, allowing you to relax and enjoy your day.
CHOREOGRAPH YOUR FIRST DANCE
Choreographing your wedding dance can be a fun and unforgettable experience, and it's a fantastic way to inject a personal touch into your big day. Here are some tips to help you plan your dance.
- Select the Ideal Song - Choose a tune that holds significance for both you and your partner and is appropriate for dancing. Take into account the pace, rhythm, and overall style of the song when making your decision.
- Start Practicing - Begin practicing as soon as you have selected your song. Allocate regular practice sessions to work on your dance.
- Keep it Simple - Start with basic steps and gradually progress to more complex moves as you get more comfortable. Remember, your dance should appear natural and effortless, not rigid or stiff.
- Showcase Your Personalities - Your wedding dance should reflect your personalities, so don't be afraid to include spins, dips, and other moves that you both enjoy.
- Rehearse - Rehearse your dance several times until you feel confident and relaxed. Make any necessary final modifications to your routine.
- Enjoy the Moment - On the day of your wedding, take a deep breath and enjoy your dance. The most crucial aspect is to have fun and create memories that will last a lifetime.
By dedicating a little effort and practice, you can choreograph a one-of-a-kind and memorable wedding dance that will be a standout moment of your special day.
By organising these unique elements into your wedding, you can create a special and memorable day that positively represents you and your spouse. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box and try something new – your wedding is the perfect opportunity to celebrate your love in a way that is unique and unforgettable.